Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Crabbing

Crabbing is an activity catching crabs in the sea.
I did this first time like in 2003, when I came to Qatar for the first time. Filipino colleagues took me at night to go to a beach in Al Khor. The sea was in low tide, when we entered the water, millions of crabs walking on the sea sand, and we easily caught them by bare hands (hurt though).

This time, after 13 years, on 17 November 2016, I took my young colleagues to crabbing.
I tried to go to Al Khor beach, as informed by a colleague, but I was not really sure about the location. We arrived in a beach, but the tide was too low that no water up to far.
When I asked a local Arabic guy who were camping fire there, he said I should go to Al Thakira.
Luckily our driver knew the location of Al Thakira beach, so we headed there.

When we arrived in Al Thakira, already some Filipino group making camp fire and baking crabs.
I was happy, finally we found the right place for crabbing.
The friendly group offered us their grilled crabs.
We went into the sea to catch crabs ourselves, but somehow, we couldn't spot any crabs!
I believe the Filipino groups have taken all the crabs...

Not only crabs, the Filipino groups were hunting fish and squid also.
I found some shells that Japanese people like to collect during Shiohigari.







No comments:

Post a Comment