Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Summary Qatar Visa Application (November 2016)





Below I summarized my experience applying visas from my family, Indonesian living in Indonesia.
I am holding Indonesian passport and reside in Qatar. My family (mother and sister) are holding Indonesian passport and reside in Indonesia.
As Indonesian passport holder, I have learnt from many experience the hustle arranging visa from many countries, including Qatar. Souq Wakif Boutique Hotel, looked reliable hotel to arrange the visa, but they failed to get the visa for us, my mother and sister’s visa was rejected just one day after I submitted our documents to the hotel.
After the hotel visa rejection, I tried to apply newly established Qatar transit visa, since my family stay is only 3 days, but since our flight booking with Qatar Airways was from two different booking references, I couldn’t apply even I went to Qatar Airways Main Reservation Center on Old Airport Road, they said they couldn’t apply since their system only can accept one booking reference, exactly the same when I applied myself online. I went to the next door Qatar Airways Holiday, asking if they could arrange visa, but they said no (contrary to Qatar Airways website that saying Qatar Airways Holiday could arrange visa).

There are several other ways, like through travel agents or other hotels, but I decided to apply family visa, since I heard several success stories from my colleagues who got the visa for their wives.

Below I listed up information and link that might be useful for visa application using the following methods:
-       Qatar Airways new transit visa online application (free of charge)
-       Family Visa
-       Travel Agents
-       Hotels

Qatar Airways Free Transit Visa Online Application
Just started end October 2016.
I think this is the easiest way to apply, and I got one success story when applying visa for my sister.
Important notes:
-       Only applicable for Qatar Airways flights.
-       Only applicable if the duration between flights when stop-over in Doha is between 5 hours to 96 hours. The system will not accept other than that.
-       Only applicable for one booking reference, cannot accept two booking reference.
-       Only booking reference number and passport copy scanned file are required for the application.
-       The website said minimum 7 days required to process, but we got the visa in 4 days.

Family Visa
Article on this in Doha News website: http://dohanews.co/apply-family-visa-qatar/
In my case, my company arranged documents from Qatari sponsor and filling the application form in Arabic for me. I just added Family Card (a document showing my relationship with my mother and sister) and hotel booking confirmation.
I tried to file the application in Ministry of Interior (MOI) office in Simaisa as advised by my colleagues, but the staff there asked me to apply in the main immigration office in Al Gharafa.
The application was quite smooth, after I got the queue number in the reception, my number appeared on the board, submitted all the documents to the staff, the staff checked the document and gave me the “Checking Receipt” application record (with Application Number indicated) and said I need to check the result in 3 days.
Here is the link to check the application status (need to input Application Number and nationality): https://portal.moi.gov.qa/wps/portal/MOIInternet/services/inquiries/visaservices/visaapprovaltracking
By this method, my sister’s visa was rejected, one working day after the submission, but my mother’s visa was approved, 3 working days after the submission (by checking the status above link).
After the visa is approved (indicated “Ready to Print” on above link), we need to go to MOI Service Center one more time, to pay the visa fee of QAR 200, after that they will give a print out, but we can also print out ourselves from the above link.
Note:
Regarding my sister visa rejection, based on my colleague information, I asked the Counter Guy (the most left counter, the counter to check missing document) the reason of rejection, but he said there was no particular reason, just “Rejected by Officer”. Few days later, based on other colleague information that experienced rejection but then accepted, I went again to the same counter (had to collect queue number) and asked him to let me talk to the “Officer”, then he directed me to go a place located inside the partition near the Reception desk. So I went to the Head, showing my “Checking Receipt”, explained and (since he was reluctant at first) begged to get my sister visa approval, finally he accepted and wrote something on the “Checking Receipt” asked me to see the same counter guy to bring the application file to him. The counter guy assigned a clerk to bring my file to the Head, and the Head wrote something on the application file, and returned the file to the Counter Guy. I went home and checked online later on the day, and found out the visa was accepted!

Travel Agents
I didn’t really search this option but found below travel agents that can apply the visa:
-       Cozmo Travel
Google search leaded to this company.
They have several branches in Doha. The cost is QAR 500.
However, they informed they couldn’t arrange for Indonesian passport.
-       QIA
They quite slow replied to my email, after a week I sent email to the email address in their website, they just responded sending the requirements. The cost is QAR 300.
-       Regency Travel and Tours
Below requirements are not interesting.
REGENCY HOLIDAYS only assist HOTEL VISA in which guest must stay in the same hotel for the whole period while he is in Doha. He is not allowed to check in to a different hotel or stay with a friend/family.
HOTEL VISA is valid only for the number of nights guest is booked in the hotel, single entry and is not possible for extension.
Visa fee varies on which hotel guest is booked.
A signed guarantee letter on the Company Letter Head with stamp is REQUIRED.

Hotels
Many hotels can arrange visit visa to Qatar if ones stay with them. After corresponding with them, Souq Wakif Boutique Hotel, Double Tree by Hilton and Marriott Marquis were on my top list considering the hotel location, facilities and visa application requirement. But finally Souq Wakif Boutique Hotel failed our visa application.
Below I summarize in the table. (+) Like; (-) Don’t Like
Name
Area and Facilities
Stay Price
Visa Cost and Requirements
Staff Response and Other Remarks
Souq Wakif Boutique Hotel
(+) Inside Souq Wakif (there are 8 buildings).
Each building has different type of room and facilities (gym and pool).
Nice design and good location for sightseeing Souq Wakif and surroundings.
(+) Around QAR 700-800. Booking with Agoda with non-refundable basis is cheaper. But direct reservation can match Agoda price.
Non refundable rate is 15% cheaper.
Extra bed cost QAR 100 with or without breakfast.
(+) QAR 250 per pax.
(+) Documents:
-       Filled application form.
-       Passport copy.
-       Credit card authorization.
Have to provide QAR 5,000 guarantee (per family) by credit card, which will be returned after leaving Qatar.
(-) Slow response, sometime not responded. Calling required to expedite the response.
They informed that our visa was rejected, one day after I submitted our documents.
They informed they didn’t get the reason rejection from immigration. They didn’t respond when I asked the proof of visa application and rejection.
Double Tree by Hilton
(-) Not far from MIA and Souq Wakif but not walkable.
(+) New hotel and nice interior design.
(+) Rooftop bar.
(+) Around QAR 500-600.
(+) Non refundable price is cheaper, and they are flexible, if the visa is rejected, even the Refundable rate, they will refund.
(-) QAR 400.
(+) Only passport copy is required.
(+) Quick and good response.
Marriott Marquis
(+) Connected to City Center Shopping Mall in West Bay area.
(+) Relatively new and nice/ luxury interior.
(+) Bars and restaurants in the hotel.
(-) QAR 900-1000.
(+) QAR 300
(+) Documents
-       passport copy
-       Invitation Letter (Tourist, Resident or Company)
-       Proof of relationship
(+) Quick response
Melia
(-) 10 minutes walk to City Center Mall in West Bay

(+) QAR 300
Required documents same as Souq Wakif Boutique Hotel.

(+) Average time of response.
W Doha
(+) 5 minutes walk to City Center Mall in West Bay.
Nice interior design.
(-) About QAR 900
(+) QAR 250
Required document and guarantee same as Souq Wakif BH.

(+) Average time of response.
Ezdan Hotel
(+) Big hotel complex with 4 towers for long and short stays. Big gym and swimming pool, 24h supermarket and many restaurants inside the complex.
20 minutes walking to City Center Mall in West Bay.
(-) QAR 1200 if booked directly with the hotel.
Much cheaper if booked with Agoda or Booking.com.
(-) QAR 800


(+) Average time of response.
Swiss Bell Hotel
(-) In old city area, but a bit far to walk to Souq Wakif or Corniche.
(+) QAR 500
(-) QR 700 per person  & You have to book in our hotel at least 3 night

(+) Average time of response.
Fraser Suites
(+) In old city area, about 15 minutes walk to Souq Wakif and Corniche
(-) QAR 1700, but corporate rate only QAR 750
(-) QAR 600

(-) Slow response.
Hilton Doha
(+) 15 minutes walk to City Center Mall in West Bay.
Located by the sea with private beach.
(-) QAR 800
(-) QAR 400 QAR
(-) Reservation for a minimum of 2 nights is required in order to apply for a guest visa. The hotel will charge the first two nights in advance (along with visa fee of 400 QAR), which will be non-refundable, regardless of the success of the visa application process. 

(+) Quick response.
Mövenpick Hotel West Bay
(-) 15 minutes walk to City Center Mall in West Bay.

(+) QAR 250
(-) In case Company Invitation letter cannot be provided, the guest has to include the amount of
5,000QAR in the third party authorization form in order to pre-authorize the credit card and to be used as
a guarantee.
(+) Quick response
Retaj Al Rayyan
(-) Location in West Bay about 15 minutes walking to City Center mall.
(-) QAR 450
(-) QAR 450
(+) Quick response

Below listed hotels were not arranging the visa, due to they were still applying the license or other reasons:
-       Shangri La (new),
-       City Center Rotana (new),
-       Westin (new)
-       Retaj Royale
-       K108
-       Saraya Corniche

Crowne Plaza Hotel, Retaj Al Rayyan Hotel cannot apply the visa for Indonesian passport.
Mercure Grand Doha can apply only business visa with invitation letter from local company.
Best Western Plus, need to check the possibility after submitting the passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment