Saturday, August 13, 2016

Ezdan Hotel, Stay

Stay: 11 August 2016 (Thursday)
Booked by: Airbnb
Paid: USD 55 (QAR 200)
Room: 12151 (Tower 1, Floor 21, Room 51)

For the consecutive 3 weekends I stayed here.
First time (see the post here), I booked through Airbnb for QAR 200, the second time (see the post here) I booked through Booking.com for QAR 240, and was a bit surprised with the difference.
This time, the third time, I booked again through Airbnb for QAR 200, to confirm the difference between the two.

Now am clear with the difference.

When I booked through Airbnb, they gave me apartment type room, but when I booked
via Booking.com (or other hotel booking website), they gave me hotel type room.
Though the room itself is exactly the same, but the amenities in the room are different.
With the hotel type, they provide water boiler and coffee/tea, hair drier, bathroom amenities (tooth brush, shower cap etc.), and mineral water bottle (2).
So it depends on you whether those additional items worth QAR 40.

My room this time had some issues, like the hot water took too long to come hot and the telephone was not working.

I requested the room extension up to 14:00 during the check in, so the key card was working well till 14:00 (learnt from my experience before).

The receptionist at night shift was a nice Indian man.
He asked somebody to send a water bottle to me when I asked him where to buy drinking water.
He sent somebody to check my hot shower when I told him the hot water was still not coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment